The Cleaning Dept. Lead position with Airborne Engine Ltd. plays a diverse and vital role, aiding in ensuring that all engine, component, or accessories piece parts are processed efficiently to aid the line inspection process, in addition to assuming responsibility for machinery and equipment preventative maintenance, inbound/outbound engine handling, and shop support as required. Through being methodical and well organized, this position will place an emphasis on safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
The specific functions of this role are as follows:
- Clean Honeywell T53 and Rolls-Royce M250 engine parts in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilize cleaning equipment safely as well as understanding WHMIS and MSDS
- Clean engine parts utilizing specialized equipment and media.
- Establish and maintain standard cleaning processes and turnaround times
- Manage cleaning personal ensuring safety is the highest priority
- Maintain equipment to minimize down time
- Perform regular maintenance on all cleaning equipment including media
- Repair cleaning equipment
- Plan, organize and order consumable materials
- Maintain the various cleaning department rooms to a high standard of cleanliness
- Perform regular maintenance and routine cleaning of machine shop equipment
- Daily and annual maintenance of the air compressor
- Regular servicing of the dust collection system
- Documenting all maintenance actions performed
- Work with shipper to organize and maintain engine canning station
- Remove engines from engine cans and follow establish procedures
- Repair, maintain, pressure test, and clean engine cans
- Install engines in engine can for shipment
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Skills:
High School Diploma. Must be have an excellent mechanical aptitude, quick learner, fluent in English (oral/written), Ability to be self-directed, self-starter, manage priorities and handle fluctuating work volumes. Good Communication skills, with MS Office suite knowledge considered and asset.